Join us the night before the conference for an evening of arts, culture, science, and entertainment!Ohio State Mansfield Friday, April 6, 2018 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Events will begin at 6:00 pm and many will be happening simultaneously throughout the evening at multiple locations on campus.
The list of events include:
- Theatre: The Vagina Monologues – Friday and Saturday, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm, and Sunday at 2:30 pm, at the Founders Auditorium (Ovalwood Hall) Join Ohio State Mansfield students, faculty, staff, and community members on this presentation of Eve Ensler’s acclaimed episodic play, which delves into consensual and nonconsensual sexual experiences, body image, genital mutilation, direct and indirect encounters with reproduction, sex work, and several other topics through the eyes of women with various ages, races, sexualities, and other differences. A very timely topic! In keeping with the conference theme (Regional Campuses Building Bridges) this production has the involvement of our community partner, the Mansfield Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Art Gallery: Ohio State Mansfield Student Art Show – from 6:00 to 9:00 pm, at the Pearl Conard Art Gallery (Ovalwood Hall) Join us for the Annual Student Exhibition, showcasing artwork created by students at The Ohio State University Mansfield during the academic year. A multitude of art forms will be represented, including drawings, photographs, paintings, sculptures, and video.
- Poetry reading by faculty and students – from 7:00 to 8:00 pm, at the Cyber Café (Ovalwood Hall) Join faculty and students from our creative writing program as they share their poems and creative expressions out loud. We hope to include participants from all regional campuses in Ohio so, make sure to contact us if you or your students would like to present your/their work!
- Music: OSU School of Music Spring Concert – from 6:00 to 7:00 pm, at the Performance Hall (Riedl Hall) Join the School of Music's performing ensembles on a fast-paced journey through a spectrum of sounds, moods and styles in this musical collage.
- Ignite talks (click here to learn about Ignite Talks) and evening reception – from 6:00 to 7:00 pm, at The Marketplace (Eisenhower Hall) Join colleagues from across Ohio’s regional campuses and share your passion on these quick-paced, high-energy, 5-minute presentations. Ignite is all about fast and fun presentations covering virtually any topic. The first Ignite took place in Seattle in 2006, and since then the event has become an international phenomenon.
Contact Us for More InformationConference Chair: Ozeas Costa ~~ Email: email@example.com
Saturday Conference: April 7, 2018
Friday Reception & Cultural Night: April 6, 2018
Ohio State Mansfield
1760 University Drive
Mansfield, OH 44906